Welcome to our page.
We haven't been around for a while but we will see what we can do now.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Instant, joyful, total obedience!

Isn't that what we would all love from our Children. That they would listen to us right away, not whine and do exactly what we say. I am reading a book on Understanding Fear of the LORD. And this is how the Author says we should obey GOD.

I am challenged by this, how often I say, well later God, ya know I am a little(busy/tired) now.(you fill in the blank). The author suggests that when we are walking with the Lord, it should just be "yeah right Lord! That makes sense! Of course I will obey you."

How often we miss God's blessing because we fail to obey Him. The more we know God the more we realize that What HE asks of us is for our benefit. I remember my mission experience as a young adult thinking "God how are you using me? I feel like you are working on me so much, how can you use such a broken vessel."

This year I plan to read through the bible again for the first time in a number of years. I think of how easy it should be to give up a couple hours of TV to do things to benefit others and my own personal relationship with God. I have begun to do readings from the 2008 calendar so that I can get about a month ahead so I can finish by the end of the year. My first week has shown me it really doesn't take that long to read 4 chapters a day. I am using YWAM's prayer journal.

So I challenge you. To instantly, joyfully, totally walk with God!

No comments: